Slot Club Revamps Benefit Players!
By H. Scot Krause
If you’re 50+ years of age, Club Palms also offers Sterling Advantage. Members of this “senior club” get extra discounts and benefits throughout the year on Thursdays including: Brenden Theatres $4 movie tickets, special tournaments, free entertainment, 50% off at Bistro Buffet or at the 24/7 Café.
The Palms in Las Vegas has revamped its slot club. There are five tier levels beginning with Club Palms. Earning 1000 points within 90 days will move you up to Pro level; 25,000 points in 90 days earns All Star, and MVP level is reached at 50,000 points within 90 days. A “Hall of Famer” is the top glory level for those capable of achieving 200,000 in 90 days. Every $1 played on “most games” earns 1 point and 400 points is equal to $1 in freeplay or comps.
One nice standout feature of the new club is that all players at Pro level and All Star level can get 50% off at the Bistro Buffet when you pay with your points. Most clubs don’t usually offer such a substantial discount until you reach the top tiers. MVP level is a 60% discount and Hall of Famer’s get 75% off. Each level also gives players a cash discount for the buffet too.
If you’re 50+ years of age, Club Palms also offers Sterling Advantage. Members of this “senior club” get extra discounts and benefits throughout the year on Thursdays (subject to change) including: Brenden Theatres $4 movie tickets, special tournaments, free entertainment, 50% off at Bistro Buffet or at the 24/7 Café.
All tier levels offer increasing benefits as you climb the status ladder. Get more information when you visit: http://www.palms.com/club-palms. One rather unique benefit is that the casino has a car wash on its premises! A car wash token can be purchased for $5 or $5 in point value, but All Star level gets 1 token per month and MVP and Hall of Famer levels get two free car wash tokens every month. Pretty cool!
If you haven’t checked out the Palms website lately, it has also undergone reconstruction. The recently redesigned website is adaptable to all electronic devices. This permits guests to access the website on a desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile phone in a completely adaptable version of the full site. The site features easy access to booking, and includes strong social elements, which are fully embedded within the website, offering guests access to specific reviews on rooms, restaurants and events. Social content like videos and photos will be updated in real time, keeping all guests engaged and informed.
Hooter’s Casino Hotel in Las Vegas has also undergone a slot club change. The new tier levels and names are as follows:
- Orange Member: 0-999 points
- Gold Member: 1,000-9,999 points
- Platinum Member: 10,000-49,999 points
- Black Diamond Member: 50,000+ points
Playing slot machines and video reels, players earn one point for every $1.50 of coin-in and one point is earned for every $6.00 of coin-in on video poker. For table games, points are awarded based on the game and the amount of play. Only five points per hour played on live poker in the poker room will be counted towards the point criteria for earning membership tiers. Points are valued at: 100 points = $1.00 comp or $1.00 “Power Points.” The minimum redemption for Power Points is $5.00. Comps may be redeemed for hotel room, food, beverage, and to purchase items in the retail shops. Power Points are freeplay and are redeemed through designated slot and video poker machines. Points may expire after 18 months of non-use from the date earned.
Guests on January 1st of each year will be re-ranked up or down in tier or maintain their membership tier based on evaluation of historical rated play per member and casino marketing initiatives.
If you’re a local player in Las Vegas (or know someone who is) the Tropicana has launched an all-new program for you. Play slot and video reels at the Tropicana and at the end of each month, you’ll be sent a rebate check for 20% of your net losses redeemable at the Tropicana for cash. Now we know no one likes to lose, but if you do, you may be hard pressed to find a better rebate offer than this.
As of October 1, they will also match your top tier status with any other club and will remain intact for 90 days, and then based on your future play. The Trop Plus Locals Reward Program also includes a 50% discount at the buffet for all card tier levels, 2-for-1 tickets for shows, spa and salon discounts and a host of new additional benefits for locals. For more information about all of the new promotions for locals at the Trop, stop by the promotions center or visit: http://www.troplv.com/Locals
All three of the aforementioned clubs also offer some type of new member sign-up promotion for both locals and tourists. They are all worth a look!
Good luck, good gaming and happy slot clubbing!
- In November, watch your mail, e-mail, texts and newspaper ads for promotions centered around Veteran’s Day and Thanksgiving. It gets very competitive for the holidays and the casinos will be vying for your loyalty. There should be some possible lucrative opportunities for good bonus point days and promotions!
- Throughout the remainder of football season, get your food and bar bill refunded with free slot play on football game days when you eat or drink at Benny’s Bullpen inside Binion’s Gambling Hall, or Chicago Brewing Company inside the 4 Queens in downtown Las Vegas. The play is available every game day, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday before 10 p.m. Minimum amount is $20 and max is $50 for the free slot play rebate of your bill. You also get a $10 table games matchplay. There’s some great potential to come out ahead on this deal!
- The Venetian and The Palazzo will host their annual Grazie Gifts Extravaganza from November 23–December 1. Grazie gift points are earned in addition to your regular point earnings over the course of the year and can only be redeemed at this exclusive event annually. (There is also a Summer Grazie Event.) While the full catalog of gifts was not available at press time, you’ll most likely need a minimum of 5000 Grazie Gift Points to be eligible to participate in the event. The selections for this year’s holiday gifts include premier brands like Sony, Samsung, Movado, Howard Miller, Wolfgang Puck, Kitchen-Aid, Capresso, Calphalon, Orrefors, Michael Kors, Coach, Fendi, Tory Burch, Brighton, Jimmy Choo, Samsonite, Montblanc, Dior Beauty, Swarovski, and gift cards from Best Buy and participating stores at the Grand Canal Shoppes. Prior to the event, players can earn 2x Grazie Gifts Points from November 8-11 and again from November 17-19. For more information about the Grazie Gift Extravaganza and to see if you qualify, call Grazie Services at 866-441-1138.
- In Reno, the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa announced they have doubled their previous limits in the Race & Sports Book. In addition, Atlantis now claims to have the highest paying parlay cards in northern Nevada and more types of wagering, including 8 cent Baseball Lines, 10 cent Hockey Lines and First Half, First Quarter/Period, and Halftime betting. Bet on every major sporting event from the comfort of the wall-to-wall Sports Book or Sports Bar & Lounge.
H. Scot Krause is a gaming industry analyst, researcher and journalist. He is a former entertainment director and a 19-year resident of Las Vegas. His work is regularly featured in Casino Player, Strictly Slots and Gaming Today as well as other gaming publications, including the annual American Casino Guide Book. Questions or comments for Scot may be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org