Borgata is throwing a birthday bash that includes headline entertainment, celebrity chef events, casino promotions, giveaways and more
By Lisa Robertson-Dziedzic
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa continues to raise the bar in Atlantic City 15 years after its momentous debut, offering guests a packed summer season of the biggest names in entertainment, exclusive culinary experiences, as well as unique casino promotions and special events.
“As Borgata celebrates 15 years as both leaders and innovators in the Atlantic City market, we are excited to present an entire summer of programming that truly encapsulates what makes Borgata the preeminent travel destination on the East Coast,” said Marcus Glover, President and Chief Operating Officer for Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa. “Since entering the market in 2003, Borgata has made it our mission to grow and invest in not only our property and product, but our team members and guests; offering an unrivaled experience to anyone who walks through our doors.”
Borgata continues to bring world-class artists to Atlantic City with a lineup that rivals some of the country’s top venues. The stellar lineup includes: Sebastian Maniscalco, June 22-24 and June 29-July 1; Barry Manilow, July 6 & 7; Britney Spears, July 19-21; Camila Cabello, July 30; and Cher, Aug. 17 & 18 to name just a few. A complete entertainment lineup can be found online at Borgata’s website, www.myborgata.com.
Committed to diverse, creative, and renowned dining experiences, Borgata offers a wide array of signature restaurants, featuring a culinary roster of distinguished chefs and restaurateurs – including Wolfgang Puck (American Grille), Bobby Flay (Bobby Flay Steak), Michael Symon (Angeline), Geoffrey Zakarian (The Water Club), Michael Schulson (Izakaya), and Greg and Marc Sherry (Old Homestead.) This summer, Borgata unveils a full calendar of Savor Borgata Culinary Series events featuring an outdoor food festival, sunset barbeque, and exclusive celebrity-chef hosted dinners and tasting events. Events include:
- Old Homestead 15th Birthday Dinner: Old Homestead restaurateurs Greg and Marc Sherry will celebrate 15 years with Borgata in a commemorative multi-course dinner prepared by executive restaurant chef Romeo DiBona and paired with a selection of fine wines. Honoring traditions old and new, Old Homestead’s 15th Birthday Dinner will offer two seatings on Friday, July 6 at 5:30 and 8:30 p.m.
- Borgata Birthday Bash: Celebrating 15 years as Atlantic City’s premier resort, The Chew co-host and Angeline chef/partner Michael Symon will host an outdoor Birthday Bash on Saturday, July 7, complete with festival games and activities, carnival-style food and drink, live music by Lost in Paris, and community engagement. The event will feature family-friendly entertainment throughout the day for guests to ring in Borgata’s 15th year.
- Izakaya 10th Birthday: Philadelphia chef extraordinaire Michael Schulson (Sampan, Double Knot, Harp + Crown), is celebrating 10 years since his first restaurant, Izakaya, made its Borgata debut. Join Michael for a signature dinner complete with Japanese BBQ specialties, comfort foods, and sushi, complemented by inventive sake cocktails on Friday, August 3.
- Sunset Party with Wolfgang Puck: Enjoy a Pan-Asian BBQ with culinary legend and Borgata Chef/Partner Wolfgang Puck (American Grille) during a summer sunset at The Water Club’s awe-inspiring outdoor pools on Saturday, August 11.
The birthday celebration continues all summer long with specially crafted hotel and spa packages, an online sweepstakes, and player friendly events. With over 161,000-square-feet of gaming action, thrill-seekers can look no further than Borgata for non-stop slots, tables, and poker excitement. As an MGM Resorts Luxury Destination, Borgata offers the company’s award-winning M life Rewards loyalty program, presenting members with personalized offers, exclusive benefits, and special access across MGM Resorts’ expansive portfolio. Home to Atlantic City’s largest poker room, only race book, and more than 3,000 slot machines, Borgata offers monthly gaming tournaments and casino promotions – and this summer is no exception. Borgata’s Birthday will feature inaugural promotions like 15X Slot Dollars and $15,000 Every 15 Minutes, as well as a 15 Carats Hearts On Fire Sweepstakes and a $15,000 Borgata Poker Birthday High Hand.
Experience Borgata with the special Birthday Hotel Package designed with Borgata’s guests in mind – including an overnight stay in a classic room, one complimentary daybed rental for two at Borgata’s outdoor pool, a $50 dining credit, and two 15th Birthday keepsake T-shirts. Starting from $219 per night, this package is available Sunday through Thursday from June 17 through September 27.
Award winning Spa Toccare and Imemersion Spa at The Water Club gets in on the action with a special menu of treatments – including a Crystal Healing Stone Massage, Diamonds in the Rough Facial, and a Shellac & Crystals Manicure. This special menu will be available Sunday through Friday from June 1 through September 30.
And don’t forget to enter the Borgata 15th Birthday Sweepstakes that starts in June and continues all summer-long with prizes totaling over $15,000. Guests will be invited to enter online at theborgata.com for a chance to win daily instant prizes and weekly grand prizes including concert tickets, overnight stays, dining credits, and spa treatments.
For more information, visit theborgata.com.
Summertime Bliss: The Deck Kicks It into High Gear
Atlantic City’s favorite and longest-running outdoor casino hangout spot, The Deck, officially opens daily on June 14 offering a summer full of specialty cocktails, outdoor blackjack tables, and live music and daily theme nights each week. Upcoming summer concerts on The Deck include:
- BritishInvasion, June 16, a party honoring the sounds of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and The Who, once again comes to the Shore, bringing with it traditional British fare for true authenticity.
- Fakefest, July 12-15, a weekend of legendary tribute bands known for nostalgia and paying homage to musical greats like The Eagles, Bruce Springsteen, Van Halen, Chicago, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Tom Petty, The Police, Led Zeppelin, and Bon Jovi.
- Deckstock, August 11 takes Atlantic City back to the 60’s to relive the music that changed the future of popular culture and rock and roll.
SAVE THE DATE: Golden Nugget will toast to the end of summer with its International Winefest on August 24-25. Guests are invited to sip on more than 100 varieties of wine from 10 of the world’s most prestigious wine producing countries while munching on a chef’s display of hors d’oeuvres. For more information, visit www.goldennugget.com/atlanticcity.
Tropicana Atlantic City Debuts The Chelsea Tower
Tropicana Atlantic City has been on a major spending spree. Since emerging from bankruptcy in 2010, the Trop has invested more than $200 million in property-wide upgrades and renovations ranging from gaming and non-gaming amenities, making it a top player in the Atlantic City casino scene. In July 2017, Tropicana Atlantic City acquired The Chelsea Hotel, located directly across the street, renamed it The Chelsea Tower and quickly went to work to integrate the 330-room hotel and link the two properties together via a skyway bridge.
On Thursday, May 24, Tropicana debuted its latest achievement and hosted a celebration to unveil the official opening of The Chelsea Tower. The celebration included a ceremonial ribbon cutting of the Skybridge – the new enclosed pedestrian walkway that connects the Tropicana to The Chelsea Tower – and included the debut of the newly renovated South Tower suites, as well as non-gaming amenities including Chelsea Five Gastropub, Whiskey Five Bar, Cabana Five Bar & Pool Deck and the Oasis pool all located in The Chelsea Tower.
“The Chelsea Tower is a welcome addition to Tropicana Atlantic City,” explained Tony Rodio, Tropicana Entertainment President and Chief Executive Officer. “We were able to take a closed property on the Boardwalk, reinvigorate it, and incorporate it as part of the resort options at Tropicana Atlantic City.”
New amenities include the Cabana Five Bar & Pool Deck, a rooftop pool with a full service bar, poolside dining, cabana rentals and live entertainment; the Oasis pool which is located on the ground level of The Chelsea Tower and offers a family-friendly atmosphere with plenty of seating and poolside dining; Whiskey Five Bar is a perfect spot to sit back and relax while sampling old-fashioned cocktails or challenging your friends to a game of pool at the billiards table; Trop’s newest eclectic dining experience, The Chelsea Five Gastropub, pairs panoramic ocean views and an adjacent outdoor terrace lounge where guests can choose from an extensive beer list, craft cocktails and a small bites menu; and finally an Atlantic City staple since 1956, Gilchrist Restaurant which serves their signature blueberry pancakes and simple comfort food.
“Our property now features just under 2,400 hotel rooms, is the home of The Quarter (a 200,000 square foot entertainment complex), 26 restaurants, 25 shops, 20 bars and lounges, four pools, an IMAX Theatre and a spa,” stated Steve Callender, General Manager of Tropicana Atlantic City. “The new restaurants and pools in The Chelsea Tower provide our guests with more non-gaming amenities to enjoy this summer.”
Hotel and dining reservations can be made by calling 1-800-THE-TROP or visit Tropicana.net.