Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
Moving west from the forest green of Connecticut we arrive at the pride of “The Biggest Little City in the World,” Reno, Nevada. Like its Vegas counterpart Reno never closes, yet it offers a palpably welcoming atmosphere—and just as much fun and excitement. Reno is also the home of another of the best gaming properties in the US, the Atlantis Resort Casino & Spa.
Delightful with a touch of whimsy thrown in for good measure, the Atlantis boasts a broad appeal with exquisite accommodations and an attention to detail unmatched in northern Nevada. It is for this adherence to excellence across the property that Atlantis has been honored with the distinguished AAA Four Diamond award—a designation given to less than five percent of the nearly 31,000 properties approved by the AAA.
Designed to inspire, their guest rooms—the newest in Reno—are bright and open, featuring distinctive décor with contemporary furnishings for the ultimate in comfort. Oversized windows fill the room with natural light and showcase stunning views of the city below or the nearby mountains. For just a little bit more, consider upgrading to Reno’s only concierge hotel tower and treat yourself to VIP check-in, butler service and an exclusive lounge serving complimentary continental breakfast and afternoon hors d’oeuvres.
Over on the gaming side of things, Atlantis prides itself on being a “player’s paradise” and we find it difficult to disagree. Atlantis offers a dynamic casino floor with ample room, ample games, and some of the loosest slots anywhere. Spread out across the 60,000-square foot casino floor, they offer over 1,500 slot machines—including the hottest new games (in some cases, their first appearance in the region) as well as Reno’s only casino-wide progressive jackpot game, Crazy Money. If you’re not into slots, rest assured, you won’t have far to look for the tables. Get into the action with blackjack, pai gow, baccarat, craps, roulette and more. There’s also keno, a fantastic race and sports book, and a smoke-free poker room for all you hold’em fans.
Sidebar: The Choice is Yours
Not sure which room fit you the best? Here’s a pair of our favorites.
Concierge Tower Room: Voted Reno’s best room, these one-of-a-kind accommodations feature custom furnishings, unparalleled amenities, and access to the 25th floor concierge lounge. Guests enjoy complimentary continental breakfast and afternoon hors d’oeuvres and light business services. A full-service bar is also available. Seamless in-room technology lets guests connect a laptop to the 42” HD flat screen TV, along with a Bose Wave Radio with iPod docking station. Butler service is available upon request.
Luxury Spa Room: Luxury Spa rooms provide a serene spa-like retreat. Rejuvenate at the start of your day, and relax as you wind down your evening. Special amenities, like a yoga mat, calming rain stick and plush spa robes extend the spa experience in a serene location that is private and tucked away on the spa level. Select rooms have a private patio sun deck.
Please Your Palate
Dining is important even to the most diehard gambler. The Atlantis features a host of exceptional restaurants offering cuisine that ranges from the on-the-go quick snack to the all-you-can-eat buffet to inspired gourmet fare crafted by award-winning chefs. Select from the spice of Italy, the freshness of the sea, the variety of California cuisine, the authenticity of the Big Apple and much more. Favorites include:
- Atlantis Steakhouse: A cosmopolitan essence with steakhouse familiarity, the Atlantis Steakhouse offers only the finest cuts of steaks and chops amidst an impeccably styled setting with a design that melds contemporary elegance with classic comfort. Experience the art of traditional steakhouse tableside dining, unsurpassed service and unmatched attention to detail. Classic cocktails, metropolitan martinis and over 336 selections of wine complete the experience.
- Bistro Napa: Guests savor innovative contemporary cuisine inspired by Napa Valley in a sophisticated and vibrant atmosphere with emphasis on seasonal, organic ingredients and simple, fresh flavors. Select from innovative small plates for sharing or go grand with delectable big plates and unique desserts that are deceptively delicious. Flown in from certified waters of the cold Pacific Northwest, the finest oysters are served in the raw seafood bar. Not sure what to pair with your meal? The sommelier will help complement any Bistro experience with thoughtfully chosen wine from the 4,000-bottle wine cellar.
- Sky Terrace Sushi Bar: Choose from a selection of over 50 types of nigiri and maki sushi. Complement your choices with any one of eight brands of premium sake, plum wines or an assortment of domestic and imported beers.
A Little “Me” Time
When all you crave is a little time for yourself and some well deserved pampering, there’s nothing in the world like a good spa experience. And Spa Atlantis is just the place to soothe what ails you.
Spa Atlantis is a haven for solace and healing. A refuge from the everyday world, guests restore and revitalize surrounded by calm healing colors, natural stone and the gentle flow of water. Professionally trained aestheticians and massage therapists lift the weight of time from those weary shoulders. Discover unique treatments such as the Pantai Luar eastern Asian massage, Rasul Mineral Mud Ceremony and Cleopatra Milk and Honey Cocoon. Luxuriate in the amazing sensations of the Aqua Lounge as you relax aching muscles and invigorate your body. The heated Laconium Relaxation Lounge stimulates circulation, purifies and detoxifies the body. Bringing in the climate of an ocean shore, the Brine Inhalation-Light Therapy Lounge combines salt aerosols and chromotherapy, improving your respiratory system and stimulating your senses.
Golf packages, skiing packages, dining packages and more are available at the Atlantis throughout the year. Here are some popular upcoming offerings:
Bubbles & Bubbly: Discover romance in Four Diamond luxury. This exclusive Bubbles & Bubbly package includes Jacuzzi Suite accommodations, dining credit that can be used in any of the eight award-winning restaurants, champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries. Treat that special someone to a romantic retreat they won’t soon forget. Package is $150 per person and includes:
• One night JacuzziSuite accommodations
• Champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries
• $50 dining credit
Reno Aces Package: Catch a Reno Aces baseball game and stay at Atlantis. The Reno Aces, 2012 Triple-A Champions, play their games in the $50 million Aces Ballpark, located in downtown Reno. Packages are available from June through September.
Reno Air Race Package: Experience the action and excitement of the National Championship Air Races & Air Show in Reno. The Air Races have been run since 1964 near Reno and are currently held at nearby Reno Stead Field. Race aircraft in the “Unlimited Class” reach speeds of over 500 mph. Available September 11-15.
Ronnie Milsap & Crystal Gayle Package: For one night only country music legends Ronnie Milsap and Crystal Gayle perform their classic hits. The one night show & room package is $162.50 per person and includes:
• One night Luxury Tower accommodations for Friday, May 24
• Two tickets to Ronnie Milsap & Crystal Gayle on Friday, May 24 at 8 p.m.
From the biggest casino in the Northeast to the Biggest Little City in the World, these casinos have proven they have what it takes to be called the best. We hope you’ll agree.